The all new Honda City is on the verge of being introduced in Indian market. The formal launch was scheduled for March 2020, however it was postponed due to coronavirus lockdowns.
Now in a latest development, the official brochure of the all new City subcompact sedan has been leaked ahead of its launch that reveals of all the car’s main features. According to the brochure, the 2020 Honda City in India will come in only three heavily equipped trims–V, VX and ZX. The flagship 2020 City ZX will be equipped with these main features:
- 6 Airbags
- LED headlamps with 9 LED array inline shell, L-shaped LED turn signal and integrated LED DRLs
- Lane-Watch Camera
- Blind-Spot Monitoring
- LED rear combination lamps with LED edgelight and LED side marker lamps
- One-touch electric sunroof
- 7-inch HD full-color TFT MID meter with G-meter
- Leather seats, center armrests and door trims with soft pad, headrests and 3-point emergency locking retractor
- Rear AC vents
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Next-gen Honda Connect with Telematics Control Unit (TCU)
- Alexa remote capability
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Agile Handling Assist
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Unlike the Thai-spec City which gets a 1.0 liter 3-cylinder turbo, the Honda City in India will likely get 1.5-liter i-VTEC naturally aspirated petrol and 1.5-liter i-DTEC turbocharged diesel engines with transmission choices of 5-MT/CVT and 6-MT/CVT respectively.
Formal rescheduled launch is expected to take place next month with anticipated prices starting around INR 10.0 lac. After India, the new City will be introduced in Malaysia likely towards the middle of this year.
A computer animation professional with over 23 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations, TV channels & production facilities in Pakistan. An avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver quality content to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com