Hardly 2 days after Kia increased its car prices in Pakistan in wake of the added 18% GST imposed by the government, the company has now announced another major price hike.
This time, the price increase affects all 3 variants of the Kia Sportage. The company hasn’t given any reason for this unexpected price hike, which takes effect from 24th February 2023 onward. However, the notification mentioned that Kia has a limited stock of Sportage.
New Kia Sportage Prices in Pakistan
According to the notification, the base Sportage Alpha now costs PKR 66.50 lac instead of PKR 65.56 announced a couple of days ago. The price of Sportage FWD has now been pushed to PKR 73.50 lac instead of PKR 71.11 lac. Lastly, the Sportage AWD will now be available for PKR 79.0 lac instead of PKR 77.16 lac hiked a couple of days before.
Terms & Conditions
The notification mentions some conditions for the implementation of this increase, according to which: All customer orders which are good to go (GTG) as of 28th February 2023 (with full payment credited in LMC’s bank account as of 28th February 2023) will be delivered at the current ex-factory price.
- All new customer orders booked in LMC’s system effective 24th February 2023, will be delivered at the revised ex-factory price.
- Ex-factory prices are exclusive of freight and insurance charges.
- New/additional duties and taxes, if any, imposed by the government and applicable at the time of delivery will be borne by the customer.
- Price Lock will be applicable on all new bookings effective 24th February 2023 (subject to stock availability).
- The price Lock offer is for a limited time period and LMC reserves the right to reverse the Price Lock anytime as it deems fit.
What is your take on this unexpected hike in Kia Sportage prices in Pakistan, let us know with your comments.
Responsible for delivering local & international automotive news.