Master Motor Corporation, in collaboration with its Chinese partner Changan, is all set to start the local production of light commercial and passenger vehicles in April.
Related: Master Motor Inaugurates Its First 5S Facility in Karachi
The company is going to assemble M9 and M8 one-ton commercial pickups, and Karvaan 6+2 seater minivan from the next month. It also aims to assemble the CX70T 7-seat SUV in future.
The $100-million joint-investment venture, with Changan owning a 30% stake and Master Motor the remaining 70%, aims to meet an initial capacity of 30,000 units annually. It has future plans to export right-hand vehicles to SAARC and ASEAN countries as well, especially Malaysia and Indonesia, according to a company official.
A computer animation professional with over 23 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations, TV channels & production facilities in Pakistan. An avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver quality content to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com