Kia has released an official statement regarding the Sportage fire incident that recently took the internet & social media by storm.
According to the statement, the impaired Sportage was taken to the dealership where Kia’s technical team assessed the cause of the mishap. As per the fact findings, an after-market installation was found in the vehicle which had wires cut in the main harness. Earthing of the aftermarket device was also found on the plastic plate adjacent to the fuel box.
The investigation revealed that the fire was restricted in the engine compartment only. Furthermore the engine oil was found up to the mark and the color of the oil as well as the coolant was as per standard showing no signs of overheating. The company believes that the official statement will strengthen the connection between Kia and its consumers.
A 3d animation professional with over 20 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations & production facilities of Pakistan, an avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver writings to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com