The number of Togg vehicles on Türkiye’s roads has exceeded 2,000, according to the country’s Technology and Industry Minister Mehmet Fatih Kacır.
Türkiye’s first indigenous electric carmaker delivered more cars in the first half of August than it did in the whole of July, Kacır wrote on social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. The minister said:
“The production [of Togg cars] will accelerate. The target is to manufacture a total of 28,000 Togg T10X model vehicles by the end of the year.”
Approximately 177,000 Togg T10X vehicles were pre-ordered online between March 16 and March 27. A computerized draw was used to select the initial purchasers of Togg’s T10X electric SUV.
According to Kacir’s remarks from July, Togg will produce 1 million automobiles in total by 2032. This will include 5 more models that will be launched in the coming years. The goal is to become a global power, Kacir added.
97% of those vehicles will be sold to consumers, while the public institutions will buy the remaining 3%, the minister said. Kacır also announced last month that Togg will introduce its electric sedan model to the market toward the end of 2024.
Türkiye’s electric vehicle market has been growing fast. In the first 7 months of 2023, electric vehicle sales leaped nearly 584% from a year ago to 17,307 units, accounting for 3.4% of all vehicle sales in the country. The homegrown brand is poised to capture a good share of Türkiye’s electric vehicle market.
A computer animation professional with over 23 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations, TV channels & production facilities in Pakistan. An avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver quality content to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com