BYD, China’s largest EV manufacturer, recently achieved a significant milestone, with its 500,000th Yuan Plus EV model rolling off the assembly line. The accomplishment comes only 19 months after the product first hit the market.
The Yuan Plus has become an international hit since its debut in China in February 2022. Known as the Atto 3 in foreign markets, the all-electric model is the first A-Class SUV to utilize BYD’s e-platform 3.0, allowing for improved efficiency and safety.
BYD has achieved impressive domestic sales in China, surpassing 359,000 Yuan Plus units. The average monthly sales of the Atto 3 stands at over 30,000 units a month. As of August 2023, more than 102,000 Atto 3 vehicles had been exported worldwide. According to these figures, the domestic-to-international sales ratio is 78% to 22%. The model is now available in 55 countries worldwide after rapidly expanding on a global scale.
The 2023 Yuan Plus, which opened a new chapter in the model’s evolution, was unveiled simultaneously with the milestone celebration along with a Champion Edition variant. The latest Yuan Plus is priced between 135,800 and 163,800 yuan ($18,700 and $22,500 USD). Equipped with BYD’s signature LFP Blade battery, the low-end model of Yuan Plus offers an EV range of 430 km, while the high-end model increases this to 510 km, both in accordance with CLTC standards.
The new 2023 BYD Yuan Plus Champion Edition features:
- Two new color options have been added: Oxygen Blue (no additional cost) and Dynamic Purple (optional with an additional fee of 2000 yuan), while the Parkour Red color option has been discontinued.
- The interior is upgraded with a luxurious light beige dual-tone decoration.
- Added front seat ventilation and heating function.
- The rear door and rear windshield have been upgraded with private glass.
- Upgraded with 3D transparent panoramic imaging.
- Added ‘smart power on/off’ function.
- Add two new modes: parent-child mode, and wipe screen mode (expected to be an anti-misoperation mode when wiping the car’s touch screen).
A computer animation professional with over 23 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations, TV channels & production facilities in Pakistan. An avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver quality content to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com