Turkey’s Automobile Joint Venture Group (TOGG) announced to have completed the initial body assembly of the country’s first homegrown car. The consortium developing the nation’s first domestically produced automobile showcased the integrated body assembly in a post on Twitter.
Tamamı ülkemizde üretilen parçalarla Gebze’de montajı yapılan ilk gövdemiz.
Bizi izlemeye devam edin 😉 pic.twitter.com/hbLdit1htO
— Türkiye’nin Otomobili (@TOGG2022) July 18, 2021
TOGG was launched on June 25, 2018. It is led by former tech-giant Bosch executive Mehmet Gürcan Karakaş, who was appointed chief executive officer in 2018. President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in December 2019 unveiled prototypes for a sport utility vehicle (SUV) and a sedan, both fully electric and C-segment models.
TOGG will produce five different models – an SUV, sedan, C-hatchback, B-SUV and B-MPV – through 2030. Mass production of the first SUV will begin in 2022, with the sedan to follow.
Related: TOGG to Significantly Contribute to Turkey’s Proficiency
Construction of TOGG’s engineering, design and production facilities began on July 18, 2020. The facility, built on an area of 1.2 million square meters in the Gemlik district of northwestern Bursa province, is planned for completion in early 2022.
As for suppliers, TOGG has already reached deals with 10 global corporations – 75% of them from Turkey and the remaining 25% from Europe and Asia. It has opted for advanced lithium-ion battery technology company Farasis as its business partner for the battery.
Turkey’s homegrown car will reach 80% charge in under 30 minutes with fast charging. It will have a range of between 300 to 500 kilometers. Acceleration from 0 to 100 kph will be 7.6 seconds with 200 horsepower, and under 4.8 seconds with a 400 horsepower engine, according to TOGG.
From Daily Sabah
A 3d animation professional with over 20 years of industry experience having served in leading organizations & production facilities of Pakistan, an avid car enthusiast and petrolhead with an affection to deliver writings to help shape opinions. Formerly written for PakWheels as well as major publications including Dawn. Founder of CarSpiritPK.com